My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
http://mellissahughes.com
and update your RSS reader and bookmarks.

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

"you'll never find a hubby while you're a chubby"



Where to even start with this one.... I'll give you the advantage that I didn't have. Check out the website first here before reading any further, and then read my snark and either agree with me, or bite me. Really....go...get all up in there.

Maybe you laughed, that's okay, maybe it didn't phase you, although I'd find that hard to believe. If you're anything like me, you stared at the computer in utter disgust and confusion.

What's with all the girl on girl action? yeah, it sells, but it just seems kinda out of place, no? oh wait, there's one guy tearing off a woman's panties with his teeth...ok, sign me up...

Ok,just kidding. My issue is not with gyms... although I think if you need someone to kick your ass verbally, mentally, or emotionally to get you to do ANYTHING in life you're a bit of a masochist, but that's beside the point. My issue is with the motivation behind joining a gym like this.

Personally, I'm not surprised they're receiving hate mail... I think what they're doing sucks. I'll be the first to admit that I'm kind of uber-sensitive when it comes to advertising, but come on!! Please don't assume that every woman wants a hubby!!... and even if they wanted one, that should absofuckinglutely NOT be the reason to join a gym, nor should the list of reasons include the desire to have your clothes ripped off by someone's teeth, or having sex with the lights on, (which scares skinny people too....) no, I think one should lose weight because one wants to, because you want to look good for you, because your health is important to you..... for crying out loud, didn't we all read She's come undone already?? It's just insulting. But I'm not going to say anything because I don't want to be labeled a bearded lady...... yeah, that whole feminist as hairy-legged, smelly and undersexed man-haters schtick is real tired.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i don't know...i think that picture at the top of your blog says you either support, or benefit from the same ideals (although not quite as blatantly).