My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
http://mellissahughes.com
and update your RSS reader and bookmarks.

Friday, November 23, 2007

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!!!

The madness has begun.... this video is not an accurate depiction of what growing up in my household was, but now that Jack is getting older, I'm trying to do the whole Christmas thing. I am actually looking forward to a trip to the tree farm with Mom and Dad, letting Jack pick the tree out, and later decorating it with my sister while listening to the Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton Christmas album.... traditions. Today, that sounds amazing to me.

Maybe one of these days I'll tell you the story of the year we gift wrapped the living room stereo speakers in protest to our parents NOT buying us a tree. Surprise, once upon a time, I did care about that kind of stuff, and for the sake of my little one, I am making the decision to NOT herald Christ's birth in song this year, and spend it in NH with Mom and Dad, Heather, Jack and a few bottles of wine....

Anywhoo, have lots to do today, but here's a little something from me to you on this very merry and crazy day... I think I bumped into this woman on an LIRR train last year... Enjoy


No comments: