My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
http://mellissahughes.com
and update your RSS reader and bookmarks.

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

F is for Fire

You can't really tell by the quality of the cell phone pic, but that is the jay street/borough hall station f track.... On fire.

Matt and I were coming back from a Haydn concert I sang with the Clarion Music Society at 99th and Amsterdam. Although we were a little but tipsy, it still seemed a little off that we smelled smoke on the platform when we got off the A, but no one seemed that alarmed at the fire in the tunnel!!!! A girl ran up to the booth area to tell someone and Matt and I decided that before we got the hell out of there we needed to take a picture. I got as close as I could, and as soon as I took this one a huge chunk of debris fell onto the track and we booked it.

Precisely one bus ride, a sausage egg and cheese on a biscuit and a chocolate cream donut later, we decided to hit the ATM and cab it home...

I think we left Abbey Pub around midnight and finally went to bed at 3....this is why brooklynites don't hang in the uws, we need to factor track fires, subway stabbings, dudes masturbating on us, and natural disasters into our travel time...
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments: