My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
http://mellissahughes.com
and update your RSS reader and bookmarks.

Saturday, December 8, 2007

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.....


No matter how many times I listen to this clip year after year, it never fails to leave me in fits of giggles...I'm happy to announce that this will be a Messiah-free year for Melly, (as opposed to the THREE I sang last season) of course, the cash would be helpful, but that one excruciatingly long coloratura phrase in Rejoice gets me every time, and I'm real happy to not be worrying about THAT this year. My December gigs are grinding to a stand still. Our de Sade concert was very well received last night, and I feel pretty good about my personal performance of a semi-staged Pierrot Lunaire of Arnold Schoenberg. I'm a little bummed that the video ran out in the last three minutes. I was looking forward to watching me handcuffed, tied with red rope and blindfolded in a pink dominatrix wig and corset, but alas. I'll post some video soon. All in all it was a great experience for me, and I have newfound respect for administrative workers in the arts field. It was pretty intense to work a show from both angles. My week of insanity is over, and I'm looking forward to an evening of GRL time..... (Google Reader Lovin')

No comments: