My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
http://mellissahughes.com
and update your RSS reader and bookmarks.

Monday, May 26, 2008

The cleavage, shoes, cackle, make-up, and campaign of Hillary Clinton



No lengthy diatribe here.... Video of sexist media coverage of Hillary's "campaign" and by that I mean her wardrobe, demeanor, looks, laugh, and body.


I'm not a fan of Hillary, I'm not a fan of some of the below the belt tactics she has used to garner attention from the media, but I will say that sexism is sexism, and it's a disservice to the progress of women to NOT say anything. I know that sexism sells, that it generates millions of web and you tube hits. Phrases like Take out the Garbage and Iron my Shirt are classic examples of sensationalism, but it's still wrong. You're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution. All I have is my voice, you know, as shrill as it may be.

No comments: